Key Whakker

Douglasmahard@AOL.COM Douglasmahard@AOL.COM
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 05:52:06 EST

In a message dated 02/05/2001 11:16:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

<< I made myself a key whacker a month or two ago after I developed some
 tendonitis in my left arm (key whacking arm for tuning). I took two grand
 bass hammers (Yamaha) and epoxied them together end-to-end. Seems to work
 great. Gotta watch how hard you hit some keys though.

 Anyone else use such an apparatus or something similar like a padded dowel
 or such? Did the sore arm thing go away? What has been anyone else's
 experience?

 I have pictures is anyone is interested.

 Terry Farrell >>

Hi Terry,

I was developing some pain too. Went to using a key pounder and no more pain.

My pounder is a 4" lenght of 1&1/4" diameter brass rod with a bass hammer
epoxied into one end. This thing has some weight to it and does all the work,
I just drop it on the keys. It also has some handle bar tape around it. It
seems since I started using this that my tuning stability has gone up a notch.

Doug Mahard