Pathetic Monster Piano

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:18:44 EST

In a message dated 2/5/01 10:23:59 PM Central Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> I tuned a Kawai GS-100 today. It is a 9 ft. grand made in 1989. It is at a
> University. It is beat. Key downweight in the 60 to 75 gram range, false
> beats abounding throughout tenor and up, bass sounds like, like, something
> I've never heard before - totally metallic. It was real hard to tune for the
> false beats. The guy who watches over it told me he wanted it tuned because
> several professors from the music department were going to play on it and
> last week they said it could use some tuning.

Not until the professors complain that your tuning, or any one else's tuning,
is not making the piano sound better, will consideration be given to doing
something major. You can try to "educate" these professors, but I bet they
won't "learn" anything. The best time to approach them on doing something
with this piano is when they complain the piano doesn't sound or play right.
But for you to approach them first will make it appear you're just looking
for work. I know that doesn't make sense, but unfortunately, that's how it is
in our society. The opinion of the "experts" (that's us), don't mean anything
unless the "professionals," (that the professors), don't like what they have.
And for now, it appears the "professionals" aren't complaining. So leave it
alone.

Just my opinion.

Willem