Pathetic Monster Piano

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 11:50:30 -0600

>...I tuned a Kawai GS-100 today. It is a 9 ft. grand made in 1989. It is at a
>University...
>Terry Farrell...
>
>...You can try to "educate" these professors, but I bet they
>won't "learn" anything...Just my opinion.
>Willem

Terry, Willem, List,

The first key word here is "University".  After taking care of one
university for more than 20 years, I can assure you that these professors
are not dummies and know way more than credit has been given in this
thread.  And since education is their business, learning something new is
not a factor in the equation.

The second key word, and bottom line, is "budget".  These folks are
juggling allotted monies that are spent on the most pressing needs, most of
which are never known to a piano technician.  And these needs, some
unforseen, change quite often during the year.

When that piano is deemed the most pressing need, and the monies are still
available at the end of the budget year, then you will possibly see
something done.  In the meantime submitting recommended work, and the costs
to do such work, to the proper department head in writing, is the best
course of professional action.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731