Poor man's adjustable plate screws...

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 11:31:19 -0500

Hi all,

I was just sitting here for a moment, seeing what's new on the list.  I've
been following the Adjustable plate screws thread a little more closely than
some, although I don't think I've read every word.

A thought came to mind.  (This is what happens when you're poor!)

What would happen if a guy took some threaded rod, whatever diameter you
wanted it to be, and cut it into the appropriate lengths, smoothed out the
cut off end to make it look pretty, (not necessary 'cause it'll get covered
up, but it might save a bit of blood... think about it),  stuck a lock nut
on it at an appropriate location (for underneath), and cut a nice little
slot in the top for a big ol' screw driver.

How's that for cheap??  The biggest hassle I can think of is finding the
acorn nuts to go on the top of the bolts when you're done.  But hey, if all
you can find is the industrial no frills steel variety, there's always the
possibility of sending them out with the other stuff when you have it
replated!

Just some musings from the peanut gallery.

(I'll go crawl back under my rock now... maybe it would be a good time to
work on my last will and testament...  "I Grog, <dink, dink, dink> leave
you, Grog, Jr. <dink, dink, dink, dink, dink>, my wheel <dink, dink>.  And
to my wife, <dink, dink, dink>,  who's shrill cry scares the mastodon <DINK,
DINK, DINK, DINK>, I leave <dink, dink> this stick <dink, dink>.)   Sorry,
just havin' a bit of fun...

Have a good day, all.

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA