Grey Market

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 14:53:38 -0600

Tony, List,

>There is nothing worse than believing what you read in SALES PROMOTION
>MATERIAL and saying that it is true.
>Tony Caught

What I said, Tony, is, "Here is one of their web sites with relevant info:"
[Relevant means: Having a bearing on or connection with the matter at hand.]

>...Keith, read between the lines, then tell me that
>1. You do not have a climatic condition somewere in the USA that is not the
>same as the Japanese climate ?

Of course, on the surface of things, it would be easy for an individual to
assume such a thing.  But aside from that, Yamaha has stated reasons to
support geographical marketing based on past experiences which are
perfectly reasonable to me.  Just consider the enormous undertaking to make
such an alteration in manufacturing on strictly a marketing whim.
Personally, I can't buy into that.

>3. Why is it that all the other piano manufacturers don't make pianos for
>different climates.

I really don't know that some of them don't.  Are you privy to such
information otherwise?

As to your number 4 & 5 comments, I just can't go along with this
incongruous reasoning based on Yamaha's past record and their continued
demonstration in the piano industry.  For me they are a class act, and
there is no getting around it.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731