S&S "L" Damper felt

Ward & Probst wardprobst@cst.net
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 21:52:55 -0600

John,
I like & use the bushing cloth Pianotek sells. They have it in a variety of
thicknesses and it seems to be very consistent. There will be a couple of
great damper classes in Reno, one by David Hughes and one by David Koelzer.
Don't miss them.

Best,
Dale
Dale Probst, RPT
Member, TEAM2001
PTG Annual Convention
Reno, NV --July 11-15, 2001
email: wardprobst@cst.net
(940)691-3682 voice
(940) 691-6843 fax
TEAM2001 website: http://www.ptg.org/conv.htm

<major snips here>
> you have
> to take things apart anyway, how about rebushing the guide rails,
**That is one of the other operations that will be performed on this
instrument. ie.dampers and damper guide rails rebushing.  Where does one
get the correct felt for that guide rail.  This one is NOT double bushed
as some S&S pianos were.  I know that S&S sells that felt, but is there a
better one out there and who has it?

John Fortiner
Billings, MT.
> and
> removing some of the excess tension/friction (which might be there)
> from
> the damper wires?
>
> Best regards.
>
> Horace