Grey Market etc.

Thu, 08 Feb 2001 14:18:15 +0100

Ron Nossaman wrote:

grin.... completely snipped...

Er... hellooooo... We are like in aggreement here Ron.  Read my post again if you
please.

What I said is that properly shipped a piano made for the Japanesse climate can be
just fine in America. Thats one issue ... ok ??

I also said that me beef with these grey pianos is that they are misrepresented in
terms of their quality. Thats the other issue right ??? And here I am 100 % in
aggreement with your somewhat passionate posting about the woes of these er....
instruments. Where on earth did you get the idea that I assumed these pianos were
in fine condition before shipping ??.. I almost outright said the opposite.  Oh
well..

As far as shipping and general care is concerned. It is no real problem to insure
climatic conditions conducive to stability in an instrument regardless of whether
it was built for Japan or Bumfart Israel.  Its probably not really any more
difficult then to provide a stabil environment period.

On the side... what did you think of the Horowitz Grand ??

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.