Horowitz

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Thu, 08 Feb 2001 13:38:40 -0800

John, et al,

At 12:05 PM 2/8/2001 -0700, you wrote:

>I thought it was a travesty to put a new action in it. Horowitz would have
>been horrified. They might just as well have put a Pianodisk in it so the
>Maestro could still be playing it for them too.

On the other hand, had they left it as he liked it, virtually no one else
would have been able to play it...plus, "they" (who includes many others
besides S&S), did not want anyone being able to "play like the Maestro" (as
if they could, to begin with).  Massive hubris.

>They gave me a nice certificate saying I'd played it for my wall, though...

Gee - I never got one...Oh! Sadness and Woe!

Best to all.

Horace