New Wurlitzer's Dampers

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 08:10:12 -0600

The ones I've seen were just were just bad damper work.  Also tight damper
guide holes and underlevers.  What I saw was not intentional, just laziness
or incompetence.  I would make a call and get the system working as good as
it can as warranty work.  Good luck.

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Clark A Sprague
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 8:53 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: New Wurlitzer's Dampers

List,  Can anyone enlighten me as to why every new Wurlitzer Grand I prep
has leaking dampers, with the heads all leaning to the right in the bass?
 A local guy here said that they do this on purpose, but I can't figure
out why.  You can stop the bleeding by needling, kind of, but what is the
fix, besides completely re-bending the damper wires to set them straight?
 They are all over the place as to leaning in the bushings, some this
way, and some that.
Clark Sprague
Detroit-Windsor
Associate Member