inharmonicity

Djalma Carvalho dpcj@osite.com.br
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 16:42:40 -0200

technical discussions.
I work as a piano technician in S=E3o Paulo, Brazil and I have some =
questions concerning the phenomenon of inharmonicity.=20
My doubt is:  "why" - scientifically speaking - low-tension scales offer =
higher inharmonicity than high-tension scales? And how does stiffness of =
wire interfere on this fact? I was led to believe that the higher the =
tension, the higher the inharmonicity due to the stiffness of wire in a =
high tension string, but I was advised it is not true.
Could you please clarify this fact for me?
 I'll be really grateful for replyings.

Regards,
Djalma Carvalho - Brazil