Natural Beats

Sat, 10 Feb 2001 12:05:22 +0100

Well Howard.... dont know what to say about the below response... except that
before you jump all over somebody for their use of language, or jump to a lot of
conclusions about what a person does or does not know about any particular
subject matter... you might take the time to at least get to know that person a
little....

I am sorry you think its wrong for someone to take up any particular subject
matter that you think is unfortunate. I for one am interested in finding out a
bit more about how this exceptional tuner does what he does, and why he
expresses  himself in the manner in which he does.

Further Howard... it was not you who brought up the initial post wondering what
Virgil was on about in his latest Journal issue... it was me. Dont believe it
check the archives....

Lastly I would ask you kindly to either not respond to a post you dont
understand... or ask for clarification. I personally dont need to read all this
acridic criticism of my language use from somebody what doesnt even know me.

In reponse to the one query you do make....namely..

"What do you mean by a "sounding base?" Are C, F, G, C
an example of   fundamental, 4th, 5th, and octave?"

Should be obvious... as I also call it a reference appeggio for judjeing a note
to be tuned against.  And yes, C,F,G,C are an example of a fundemental, 4th, 5th
and octave" sheesh...

Trying to get to the bottom of a fellow like Virgil, and his unorthedox way of
explaining what he hears is neccessarilly going to be an excercise in
clarificaton of vauge and colourful terms, at least to some degree. I am sorry
if you find other persons enquiring minds and or how they express themselves a
problem.

Please Howard.... accept that one of our most respected colleagues coined the
term "Natural Beats", and it has yet to be established whether or not the term
has any validity.