Natural Beats

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 12:38:21 -0600

>...Please, Richard, when responding please use terms that we all understand. I
>think you should avoid the term "natural beats" until it is defined.
>Howard S. Rosen...

>Here we go again...;-[
>
>David I.

Howard, Richard, David, List,

Seems strange to go at someone for wanting to explore an area of piano
service that is of interest to them, especially in a forum designed just
for that activity, and more particularly, wanting to experiment in a
fashion that might eventually prove useful to some of us.

Howard, your error is in expressing, "that we all understand".  This is a
common mistake that is easily made when addressing an issue.  This *we*
thing implies speaking for a majority.  Of course you realize you can't
speak for all of us.

David, why you find it necessary to comment in such a fashion is beyond me,
but thank goodness, Richard will not be detered by such trifle.

I find the natural beat phenomina as natural as way of doing things as
exact mathematical relationships between beats.  Now whether I can
personally explain it to someone else how they can come to accept this as
well is another matter.

Maybe Richard is on the path to accomplish just such a thing with the
possible benefit from others on this list.  Why not encourage/join, or at
least indulge, the efforts of this quest, rather than rebuke due to some
lack of comprehension, or somehow imply such efforts as senseless or a
waste of time.

Myself, I am looking forward to where this natural beat thing may lead.

You go girl, I mean Richard ... grin

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731