foam baffles for verts

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 16:57:39 -0800

I live in an apartment, and thus i am self-conscience about playing my P-2
pretty much at ANYtime, because of the tissue thin walls. (I gotta get a
house soon!!) I don't really like using my practice mute because it damps
the sound waaay too much. (I suppose if i wanted to, I could also replace
the mute rail felt with a much thinner piece).

So i am now thinking about putting foam baffles between the posts on the
back of my peeaNO. I would prefer to buy the foam from a local supplier, and
have it cut at the shop, but what type/density would the list suggest? And
if, on a scale of 1-10, (10 being the totally muted), the practice mute
attains a 7, what could i expect from the baffle system? Thanks!

Terry Peterson
Los Angeleeeze, CA