A question about CD-ROMs from PTG

RustRazor@AOL.COM RustRazor@AOL.COM
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 01:17:40 EST

I'm somewhat confused about the CD offerings from the PTG.

On page 28 of this month's journal (feb) is the ad for the 20 year
compilation of the journal.  Right next to it is an offering for a set of
"journal reprint kits".  My question: Am I to understand that these reprints
are in fact reprinted articles from past issues of the journal?  Could we
then conclude that the reprint kits are a subset of what's offered in the 20
year package?  The pricing of each item would seem to contradict that idea.
Any comments would be appreciated.

Also, it has been raised in recent posts that certain authors have requested
their articles be excluded from the compilation.  Would anyone care to
hypothesize as to why anyone would not want their article included?  If it
was printed in the first place why not allow a reprint?

Thanks, friends,

Matt Wynne
Suffolk, NY Chapter