New Yamaha Verticals

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 06:53:32 -0500

Now I may just be making a big fool of myself, but my recollection (and =
it can be bbbaaaaadddd at times) is that I often assume the P22 is a =
studio with a full-size action, but every time I tune one I look at the =
action and say to myself: "hmmmpft, I guess the P22 is just a console - =
look how short these jacks are!"

I do not classify vertical piano types based on height. I classify them =
according to their action type. I think the P22 is a console (compressed =
action size) and NOT a studio (full size vertical action). If I had one =
here, I would just look, but I don't. Can anyone with intimate knowledge =
of the P22 and T116 please clarify this?

Forgive me for questioning your response Richard. But are you saying the =
P22 is a studio based on height, or action type? And are you sure. =
Thanks.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: VOCE88@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 10:26 PM
  Subject: Re: New Yamaha Verticals

  In a message dated 2/13/01 9:44:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,=20
  mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:=20

    Does anyone know what the significant differences are among the new =
Yamaha=20
    T116, M450, and P22? It would appear to me they are all consoles, =
and all=20
    have the same A0 string length of 44.5". Does this mean they all =
have the=20
    same stringing scale? Do they have the same action? The T116 and the =
P22 are=20
    similar in price, but the M450 is said to be almost $1000 less. =
Yamaha left=20
    out $900 worth of what? Thanks. I'm just trying to help a "new"=20
    (?potentially?) client.=20

  T116 and P22 are both studios. M450 is a console in a stripped down =
cabinet.=20

  If these were the only 3 verts in the world, I would recommend the =
P22.=20
  (Does it show that I am not thrilled with these models?)=20

  Richard Galassini=20
  Cunningham Piano Co. & Factory=20
  Philadelphia, Pa.=20
  1 (800) 394-1117=20