ETD question re: unisons

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 11:35:49 -0600

>Since I know nothing about ETD's my question might be naive. Nevertheless
>here goes: I believe that Virgil's assertion that a 3 string unison is
>flatter than each of the single strings heard singly, is a bit questionable
>or should I say not fully accepted. Wouldn't it be easy and conclusive to
>check this thesis by using an ETD to measure this? Thanks!
>

>Howard S. Rosen, RPT

Hi Howard,
Nope, it's real. Goes to show how dependable full acceptance without
personal verification is. Download a copy of Tune Lab and hit the archives
for unison coupling or string coupling. We had a word or two of discussion
on this, and I eventually posted some quick and dirty test results. Check
it out.

Ron N