Lube types

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:54:48 -0800

I'm wondering what is the most effective lubricant for trapwork squeaks.
I've heard everything from white lithium grease to Mclube, and everything in
between.

I currently have the following:

Mclube
protek
tri-flow
superlube(with teflon)
teflon powder
graphite powder
Slide-all
WD-40.

Because I ride a motorcycle to most job locations, i can't carry Everything,
so I'd like to get a general consensus on what is most effective. Thanks!

P.S. Regarding the previous thread on "New Yamaha Verticals", I have to say,
absolutely, that between the M450, P-22 and T116 (the latter two being
studio models), the T116 is the easiest to tune and IMHO also a nice piano
for home use, while the P-22 is a work-horse widely used in schools and
other institutions.

Terry Peterson
Precision Piano Service
Torrance, CA