Studio or console? Was: New Yamaha Verticals

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:23:40 -0500

Terry,

I understand your point, but I think we need to go with the definition
of a studio piano by the trade as a whole.  Rightly or wrongly, it is my
understanding that a piano 45"-47" tall is a studio piano, regardless of
the insides.  But we always have the freedom to tell the client, "Well,
this would be classed as a studio piano because of its height, but the
construction of the action is much more similar to a console."

The one that gets me is the El Cheapo spinet with a little brass tag on
the corner of the fallboard proclaiming it to be a console, when there
is virtually nothing evident that would put it in the console category.

Regards, Clyde