Lube types..where's the lanolin??

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:58:51 -0800

I have called countless pharmacies/drug stores; none carry anhydrous
lanolin! They say they can order ONLY "Hydrous", which is like face creme.
In a pinch, would anyone ever use white lithium grease? It is readily
available, cheap, and would seem a decent alternative for lubing trapwork. I
know piano suppliers sell it. And what about vaseline and talc without the
lanolin..at least until I can find some? What say you all?

Terry Peterson
Precision Piano Service
Torrance, CA