Studio or console? Was: New Yamaha Verticals

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:12:26 -0500

> The one that gets me is the El Cheapo spinet with a little brass tag on
> the corner of the fallboard proclaiming it to be a console, when there
> is virtually nothing evident that would put it in the console category.

Does't thou perhaps refer to something similar to my first tuning of the
morn, a Gulbransen SPINET!!! who's keystop rail was clearly marked with the
word Console!!! AARRGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, in defense of the little bugger, I've seen worse.  It actually
tuned better than some of the cheaper consoles I've encountered.

FWIW...

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net