ETD question re: unisons

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 08:58:57 -0600

HI Robert,

That window exists because current edt's tune only one partial, generally
speaking the partials on any 2 wires do not line up perfectly. My own
belief is that our ears hear the *noisiest* coincident partial when doing
unisons, and then we juggle it by ear until we have a cancellation effect.
One could experiment by tuning various partials--but an edt is supposed to
save time not take more time. I also believe that the pitch *change* (not
necessarily a drop from my puny research) is partly due to the
imperfections in the wire, becuase while f6 may *drop* in pitch f#6 may be
*sharp* of pitch after unisons are tuned.

Regards,

mailto:drose@dlcwest.com
http://donrose.xoasis.com/

3004 Grant Rd.