..something new for me..

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:48:36 EST

In a message dated 2/15/01 11:23:39 PM !!!First Boot!!!, tito@PhilBondi.com
writes:

> What I found out is you have to tune somewhere around pp in this situation,
> and take as much of the room out of the picture as possible. If I were to do
> battle with those acoustics, I would still be there( I tuned it yesterday).
> Tuning at pp gave me the 'opportunity' to hear what I wanted to hear out of
> the piano in order to do a good job....but...now comes the stability issue.

Phil

You can tune at pp, but you can give it a blow at FF, for the stability. Then
check at pp to see if the string held. Although I don't use them, ear plugs
in a situation like this would be very useful. The other thing I have found,
the few times I did tune in a "live" church is that an ETD is very helpful.
You can tune at F, get the stability you need, and the machine will tell you
where you are.

Willem