brightness of Steinways

Stan Kroeker stan@pianoexperts.mb.ca
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 21:54:45 -0600

Ileen,

Very good question!  Which came first, the chicken or the egg?  (Level
strings to match hammers or file hammers to match strings?)  Joe Goss
sells a brass string level which takes the guesswork out of this
procedure.  With this tool, which has a built in levelling vial, you are
'really' levelling the strings.  THEN, you file hammers to match.
Contact Joe (Mother Goose Tools) at:
imatunr@primenet.com.

Regards,

Stan Kroeker