recipe for VJ Lube

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:09:06 -0800

As of 2/15/01, 10pm PST, I have called 27!! different pharmacies, (that's
all of 'em, folks) drug stores etc, but only ONE said they can order ONLY
the "Hydrous: type, and none I contacted said ANhydrous is even available
for them to order! So....I assume I can use the "hydrous" version? Then, as
asked below, does anyone have a lead on the avasilability of 100% talc? Can
100% vaseline ALONE be used in the interim? I surely appreciate everyone's
help.

Btw, is the melting of the vaseline necessary; won't it return to its
original consistancy AFTER it cools down, or does the addition of lanolin &
talc prevent that? Having checked the archives, I notice several differing
opinions as to the ratios of each ingredient...I would very much like to get
the most current consensus from the list. Thanks!

Terry Peterson
Precision Piano Service
Torrance, CA