ETD question re: unisons

D.Martens cybertuner@planet.nl
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:19:28 +0100

Hi, Carl wrote :

>aAnybody care to render n opinion?<

I don't have an opinion on this, but I do have some observations made with
diffirent ETD's:

I don't trust the ETD's for 100%.
I haved noticed That the Pt100 responds sometimes diffrent to a
"pitchchange"  than RCT on my computer.
So, perhaps it's wise to be cautious with any readings on the subject.
Perhaps it's a good thing to use two diffrent ETD's at the same time to
measure this phenomena ?

I don't know what exactly is causing this to happen.
Perhaps diffirent capacitors in the various ETD's electronic circuits ?

I wonder if this socalled DSP-circuitry would be more reliable in any way.
 I understand this is supposedly one of the advantages of the verituner )

Duncan

>>This is easily understood by comparing a capacitor in an
>electronic circuit, discharging into two different resistive loads.
>In the case of the piano, the two different loads are not switched
>abruptly,
>but gradually.One statement I read was that good pianos don't have
>horizontal vibrations.Really?
>I guess that if the strings were perfectly leveled, the hammer >perfectly
mated to the strings, then the horizontal vibration would be >minimized or
maybe delayed.Now my question would be.  If that >were true would the shape
or point of shift in the amplitude plot be >delayed?