electric shavers and hammer voicing

Carol Beigel crbrpt@bellatlantic.net
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:41:05 -0500 (EST)

I need to know a "guy thing" and quickly!  Just as many of you have never noticed curling irons, I have never even glanced at electric shavers.  Is there a shaver in the U.S. that is very flat, like less than one half inch deep that gives a very fine shave?  We are not talking about a Norelco thingee that has three circles on it, but a fine screen about 2 inches wide.  I seem to remember a Remington model, as I think my son may have one, but it is big.  The one I see here in Iceland is made by Braun and is 220V and is less than the thickness of a pack of cigarettes.

Kristinnīs father is showing me some very interesting hammer voicing techniques and this particular one is really great!  I will check this email each day as if this is not available in the US, I will buy one anyway and just get a power converter to charge it.  It is really nice to have someone demonstrate to me how to get the "mellow, European sound" out of a piano, and how and where to voice hammers to get different sounds on the soft and hard blows.

As you can see, I am still alive and survived the flight back to Reykjavik from Akureyri.  You know, fjords may look great in pictures, but flying in and out of them in a wind that blows through the zipper in your jacket is a real experience!  I have some great pictures that I took hanging onto the side mirror of a jeep so I wouldnīt blow off the edge of a cliff!  Geat views, though!  Also, the food is as good as Paris and they have Pepsi here!

Let me know if this shaver is available in the U.S.  Thanks.

Carol Beigel