electric shavers and hammer voicing

David M. Porritt dporritt@swbell.net
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 18:17:18 -0600

Carol:

They are here - at least they were - and I have one.  It's kind of on its
last shave or two, but it does work.  I keep it in our camper, but I think
it is a dual voltage 220/110.

Now, you have to tell us how you use one of these for voicing.

dave

On 2/19/01 at 6:41 PM Carol Beigel wrote:

>I need to know a "guy thing" and quickly!  Just as many of you have never
noticed curling irons, I have never even glanced at electric shavers.  Is
there a shaver in the U.S. that is very flat, like less than one half inch
deep that gives a very fine shave?  We are not talking about a Norelco
thingee that has three circles on it, but a fine screen about 2 inches
wide.  I seem to remember a Remington model, as I think my son may have
one, but it is big.  The one I see here in Iceland is made by Braun and is
220V and is less than the thickness of a pack of cigarettes.

>Kristinnīs father is showing me some very interesting hammer voicing
techniques and this particular one is really great!  I will check this
email each day as if this is not available in the US, I will buy one anyway
and just get a power converter to charge it.  It is really nice to have
someone demonstrate to me how to get the "mellow, European sound" out of a
piano, and how and where to voice hammers to get different sounds on the
soft and hard blows.

>As you can see, I am still alive and survived the flight back to Reykjavik
from Akureyri.  You know, fjords may look great in pictures, but flying in
and out of them in a wind that blows through the zipper in your jacket is a
real experience!  I have some great pictures that I took hanging onto the
side mirror of a jeep so I wouldnīt blow off the edge of a cliff!  Geat
views, though!  Also, the food is as good as Paris and they have Pepsi
here!

>Let me know if this shaver is available in the U.S.  Thanks.
>
>Carol Beigel

David M. Porritt
dporritt@swbell.net
Meadows School of the Arts