String massage

Tue, 20 Feb 2001 15:44:47 +0100

Interesting "observation". Sounds sorta like Don's idea of second
guessing seasonal pitch change while tuning.

Personally I will massage a new string to stretch it out a bit
(quite a bit if its going to be used in a concert situation) but
otherwise my nice handy Schaff string tool stays comfortably in
the tool box unless I am seating strings to pins.

I have heard of folks even useing this tool to help in final
stages of tuning... always seemed like asking for instability to
me. But whatever works for you.

I view this tool primarilly as an aid in what often is called
"string voicing".

JMTAMHO

grin

--