New Yamaha Vertical Price

Glenn Grafton glenn@graftonpiano.com
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:45:49 -0500

>Hi Terry,
>               They are more expensive than the P22, you are paying for thhe
>furniture.  Made in USA vs Japan. another strike against them.
>Roger
>

>At 09:58 PM 2/20/01 -0500, you wrote:
>>Does anyone have info on what a new Yamaha M500 CV (44" Country Villa White
>>Oak) console goes for? Either the MSRP or what dealers typically sell them
>  >for.

Actually both the P22 and the M500 series pianos are both made in
Thomaston, GA. If you're still under the impression that there is a
difference between the Thomaston pianos and the Japanese pianos you
should do a little homework.

There was a time when there were some differences between the US made
Yamahas and the Japanese ones-when the US models were made in the
Everett factory in Michigan-Kelly plates, Pratt Reed keys.

I remember the first Thomaston pianos we got in-it was a P22 and had
the same exact plate,action, soundboard etc. as the then current P2
which was made in Japan (and which was substantially more than the
P22). The reason they were the same is because back then they
imported the entire strung back from Japan.

Since then they have expanded the US factory and import the plates,
actions, keys, etc. from Japan.

Landed quality and workmanship is identical on the US and Japanese
pianos (in fact the US ones sometimes come through a little better in
tune since it is usually a shorter time from when they left the
factory.
--
Glenn Grafton
Grafton Piano & Organ Co.

The box said "Requires Windows 95, or better." So I bought a Macintosh.