SAT III Problems and Questions

David Ilvedson ilvey@jps.net
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 10:28:29 -0800

David,

When you decided that the octaves were too wide how were the fast beating interval checks such as 10th, 17th progressing in the problem area?  Using the old standby aural comparison check, 3rd/10th or 17th, I have found the 10th/17th beating quite a bit faster than the third.  Often though, the tenor area has risen slightly, which is one of ther reasons a SAT is so useful for quickly going back and checking previously tuned notes.  It is amazing how things will change slightly and how the ear will notice.

David I.