Thu, 22 Feb 2001 08:54:18 +0100

terence falzano wrote:

>  I am a chemistry teacher who enjoys playing piano and I would
> like to rebuild a grand piano.  I do not need a name brand but
> I would like a 7' -9' grand to work on.  Jordan Studios is the
> name of a ministry where sheet music of worship songs I have
> written are given at no charge to anyone who desires.  Sorry if
> I mislead anyone.
>
> Musically,
>
> Terry

Ahhhh... well thats a horse of a different colour...... wheres
Dorothy by the way..... no.... you see we like to have a bit of
fun here on our list community... at least some of us do anyways.

Finding what you are looking for shouldnt be such a big problem
really, I would check first with the major piano dealers around
your area, and call the local piano techs. Schools and Churches
are also often in possesion of old beaters, as are other such
institutions.

If you live in a major metropolitan area you will no doubt be
able to find the inevitable town fraud. Just look for the guy who
says  hes got a "just like new" concert grand for only $1595.00

Also, you might want to consider getting ahold of a cheaper
brand. The names you mention are often of interest to piano
rebuilders / retailers  who snap them up for their own designs.
Also a cheaper brand will probably be ....well.... cheaper...
grin.

Good luck with your project, and dont hesitate to get in touch
with us for advice when you get started.

Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.
Bergen, Norway
mailto:Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no