strange bridge cap... etc

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 07:35:26 -0600

>Hmmm.... sounds like some pretty "creative" work...grin. Just out of
>curiosity... how did the piano sound ? And how good was the workmanship
>otherwise... on a scale of 1 to 10....?
>
>How old was this repair and did it hold up ?

The bridge is doing fine, but it's just been there for a year. I have an
entire day scheduled next week to get as close as I can in the time allowed
to making the rest of it semi tunable and playable. There's 32mm (1.25") of
tuning pin above the block in the bass, leaving maybe an entire quarter
inch (6mm) in the block, with the rest of the pins not quite so high - but
close. Let off is average around 30mm. We'll see how it works out. If I can
still turn the pins after driving them to a civilized height, then it's
between me and the action.

Ron N