Young Chang Pramburger Opinion Sought

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 12:55:08 -0500

Hi folks. I have a client that is considering upgrading from the little old
spinet! He wants a grand piano between six and seven feet, would like a
player system (not required), and would prefer to not spend more than
$20,000.

He does not play. No one in his household plays. Clearly, he will be happy
with a good sub-Fazioli piano. I just don't want to see him buy junk.

He is looking at a new Pramburger series Young Chang 6' 10" ebony for
$14,500. I looked at one about two years ago and was pretty impressed with
so much piano for so little $$. I have never serviced/tuned one though.
Anyone out there have much experience with these? Or the Pramburger series
in general? I know I don't think much of regular older Young Changs, but I
realize they have improved, and perhaps this Pramburger is an OK piano that
will hold together in one piece for a few decades with the hammers hitting
the right strings and other important things like that (let's face it folks,
not all piano do that).

I am quite familiar with Yamahas and Kawai RX series. Perhaps someone could
use those pianos as standards to compare the Pramberger series with. Thanks
for any input.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida