traveling

Thu, 22 Feb 2001 19:23:50 +0100

David Ilvedson wrote:

> She was deonstrating factory hammer hanging.  Apparently shanks are not traveled before hanging and not traveled afterwards except by burning in...it does not compute for me either........
>
> David I

Which factory I wonder..... traveling shanks... at least roughed in... is too my knowledge pretty common practice at european manufacturers... I do this every time and find it no problem to do
a quick and decent travel without hammers on.

I wonder if we are mixing up traveling problems due to the position of the flange center and those due to hammers not being vertical on the shank.