strange bridge cap... etc

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 17:12:48 -0600

>   Maybe the tech was just trying to recycle left over buldoc maple
>pinblock material.  Creative recycling don't you think and how did it sound?
>
>   Dale Erwin

That could be, but I don't know why he would have cut the bridge down so
much to recap. I couldn't tell all that much about the sound, being about a
yard low in pitch and pretty much unplayable. I'll have a better impression
if I can get the sucker working next week. The overall work on the piano is
quite reasonably good, but it's like he suddenly just stopped one
afternoon, threw the action in, and shoved it out the door in a fit of
pique without finishing it. The owner did say that she rushed him, she
didn't say how badly (or often), so what I'm seeing in the piano may be the
back side of the last straw from a tech who'd had enough and just scraped
her off. That's a cheery thought, as I stroll innocently into the
creature's cave.

Ron N