Grand regulating

L. Verkoelen mrfixit@pineknot.com
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 09:01:12 -0800

Hello list,

My name is Louis Verkoelen. I am a new associate tech high in the resort
communities of southern California and have been tuning part time for
several years. I have been following the list for a couple of months now and
the more I read the more I realize I have yet to learn. I am hoping to take
my tests sometime next year and make this a full time business.

I have a couple of questions I hope you can help me with. I am doing my
first full regulation on a 1929 4'10" Wurlitzer grand. The lady picked it up
for a song and figured I could make it work right. It looks like it hasn't
been regulated since new. Let off is over 1/2".
Anyway, to my questions.
1.When leveling, are the clip on weights the best way to go or is their a
better way.
2.I need a let-off rack. Is the Jaras 4 in 1 rack (shaff) any good or should
I stick to the traditional wood style.
3.The blocks that hold the key frame in place are missing. They were
originally part of the cheek blocks. Does anybody sell a replacement (havn't
seen them in the Schaff or APSCO catalogs) or do I have to fabricate a set.
If I have to make, whats the best material to use.

Thanks.

Louis Verkoelen
Big Bear City, CA