Grand regulating

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:39:13 -0500

"I have made 5 or 6 benches with solid core doors, I find them very =
flat, very=20
stable and very cost effective (around $40.00 per door).  They are also=20
available in 32" and 36" widths, perfect for me.  With a white formica =
top,=20
hardwood trim around the edge and 2x4 frame with a lower shelf I can =
build=20
one of these in 4 hours and have less than $150.00 in parts. "

Sounds like a great idea for general benches around the shop also.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Kdivad@AOL.COM=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, February 26, 2001 8:04 AM
  Subject: Re: Grand regulating

  In a message dated 02/26/2001 5:37:08 AM Central Standard Time,=20
  mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:=20

    Pricey is the key word here. Yes, that was my initial =
choice.......until I=20
    priced a slab of granite (about $700). Then I thought of a pool =
table - a=20
    high-quality junked one - take the slate out of it - that would =
probably be=20
    the way to go. I looked under all the rocks in my backyard, but did =
not=20
    find a pool table, so that idea went out the window. That's when I =
got a=20
    call from some guy who asked what he could do with an old Lester =
spinet. I=20
    told him I'd be right over and went out and hitched up my trailer. I =
was=20
    surprised to find how unlevel the back of a piano actually is. But =
some=20
    epoxy filler on the back beams and my six-foot flat sander =
straightened=20
    that puppy out real nice. Some oak and maple planking, some legs, =
and I=20
    have one of the flattest, best sounding regulating tables I have =
seen!=20

    Terry Farrell=20
    Piano Tuning & Service=20
    Tampa, Florida=20
    mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com=20

  I have made 5 or 6 benches with solid core doors, I find them very =
flat, very=20
  stable and very cost effective (around $40.00 per door).  They are =
also=20
  available in 32" and 36" widths, perfect for me.  With a white formica =
top,=20
  hardwood trim around the edge and 2x4 frame with a lower shelf I can =
build=20
  one of these in 4 hours and have less than $150.00 in parts. I also =
have put=20
  good quality locking casters on some of my benches, makes them very =
handy.=20
  By the way I use a let off rack to rough in my settings and then, of =
course,=20
  finish with the action in the piano.  =20
  Whatever floats your boat!=20
  David Koelzer=20
  DFW=20