1929 Wurly

L. Verkoelen mrfixit@pineknot.com
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 16:19:46 -0800

Thanks for the replies to my post on grand regulating. Started the job today
and things are going along fine. When I pulled out the action, I came across
something I have never seen before or heard about either.
This piano has no pinblock, (yes I know I should have looked at this on
initial inspection, but with the piano on pitch and no major problems
apparent, it slipped my mind. It's hell getting old!!) The tuning pins are
screwed into the plate directly. The bottom of the pins are slotted and tiny
metal wedges were tapped into the bottoms to maintain tension.
Has anybody seen this before and do I have to do something special before I
tune it.