Only one bass string scale for the M&H AA?

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:38:13 -0500

>  > I wanted to put them on tomorrow. (No, I don't rescale.)
>
>I do rescale and I also know there are several AA scales.  There
>should be a number or letter at the plate tail (near the first (last)
>bolt at the end of the casting near the bass bridge.  I think they are
>numbers.

I'm at home now, but I remember the scale designation located on the
plate as you describe the location. It's "AA X".

>Serial and scale designation might have helped.

I offered those to her; she wasn't interested. At least I still have
the original bass strings, and the replacement set is un-touched
(except for handling to compare).

>P.S.  What a mess, sorry about that.

You think that after thirty years in the biz, I could tell over the
phone, someone who has never done any piano work (and never been
supplied with a poorly matching set of bass strings).

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter