Recoining of bass string

Tue, 27 Feb 2001 08:11:45 -0800

Dear Kwan,

The question you ask is not as simple as it seems. There is much more to
figuring out the right scaling for a piano scale than simply plugging
numbers into one formula. Without a reasonably good understanding of piano
scales you will still not be able to determine the correct wire sizes for
the bass strings of the piano you are working on.

Most of this information has been published in the Piano Technicians Journal
over the past year. If you want to make a study of this subject I would
suggest that you purchase the recently released CD set containing the past
20 years of the Journal.

Otherwise you can send the required data to me -- or one of the others on
this list that do this work -- and have a new stringing scale calculated for
the piano.

Regards,

Del
Delwin D Fandrich