General List Question

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 23:05:44 -0600

>Hello, Group.
>
>Just a simple question: I'm curious why this group
>does not operate as a usenet newsgroup? It seems to be
>a very active group- the mailing list format is
>unfortunately much more difficult to follow...
>Ted

Hello, Ted.

There is a usenet newsgroup called  rec.music.makers.piano  which might
better serve your purposes for ease of use.  Perhaps this difficulty of
which you speak, is one of the very reasons this group *is* so active.

Another important aspect of this list is that many of the subscribers
actually know each other, have met face to face, and have mutual
professional interests via the Piano Technicians Guild, thus providing a
certain degree of decorum that is often missing in a newsgroup.

One viewpoint with regards,

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731