More pictures of Iceland

Carol R. Beigel crbrpt@bellatlantic.net
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 02:28:59 -0500

I posted a sample of some of the wilderness areas I saw.  Most of it was
done in a jeep, off-road in a wind so strong I had to cling to the mirrors
to keep from being blown across the ice when I got out to take the pictures!
I think I learned more about geology in one week than in my whole lifetime.
One of the most interesting pictures shows where the North American Plate
and the European Plate meet.   They also bake a dark, sweet bread in the
steam holes in their yards in the North country.

Iceland was a beautiful place, but I will always remember the hospitality of
Kristinn and his family.  His sister lent the use of her car, his mother
cooked dinner twice!, and his father was a delight to share his knowlege on
tone regulating.  I hope to acquire the proper shaver with the small,
microfine blades, and practice these new voicing and needling techniques
this week.

Thanks to Michael Lachance for acquiring the xdrive site to post pictures.
It is unbelievably easy to use!  Go to www.xdrive.com   username is piano5
and the password is tech.

Carol Beigel
Greenbelt, Maryland