ETD Displays

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:06:18 -0600

> I gotta admit I see a lot of parallels between how present day techs react to
> this idea of multipartial displays and how yesteryears techs reacted to ETD's
> in general...

Here's my reaction. Your idea would be better served by attempting to answer a
few of the questions of practical concern I asked you before you conclude that
you are ahead of your time and we narrow minded dinosaurs are just being
resistant to new ideas. It's easy enough to sit in a chair and dream of
wonderful and magical things, and easier yet to wave away the technical and
organizational considerations necessary to produce those things when someone
else is expected to actually make them happen. I know all about it. My own wish
list is considerably longer and less practical than my personal reality will
allow.

> I think I will drop this for now tho... I am sure I would get argumentative
> again if I didn't... :) Still I started out with the position that I thought
> there was some strange resistance among ETD authors towards multipartial
> displays... and this last exchange simply reinforces that standpoint.
> --
> Richard Brekne

 From what I've read, it has never gotten to be argumentative. I saw some
pertinent information go by, and some practical concerns (in some detail)
voiced by other techs. What I haven't seen is an attempt to resolve some of
these concerns. That's the only strange resistance to ideas I've found here.

Which ETD authors have posted with this strange resistance to multi partial
displays? I don't seem to have received those posts and would like to read
their thoughts for myself.

Ron N