Metal Finish

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:50:54 -0600

List
For you finishers/refinishers/chemical sensitive/cooped up in the =
shop/cold weather workers:
A band instrument repair person showed me a finish she just received and =
some of the tests she was putting it through. It's a waterbased =
clear-water clear finish developed for the jewelry industry, designed to =
be used on just about any metal to prevent tarnish/oxidation. She flows =
it on with a brush, but it can be spray or dip applied, drying in about =
10 minutes.  It works quite well for patching, where finish (on brass in =
this example) was removed, a joint repaired, and this new finish applied =
to the spot. It has a remarkable resistance to heat; a solder joint was =
done near the test spot and this finish showed no discoloration or =
bubbling. It took considerably more heat to get it to react, very high =
abrasion resistance. I've been trying it on piano pedals that come in =
scratched. Perfect results, no odor in the store, tough wear resistant =
finish and an invisible repair. I'll be using in the shop for brass =
finishing. So far it's ideal for finishing during the winter months when =
spray/finish work is very difficult. Its called:

    MIDAS Finish Seal Lacquer
    catalog # 335-123 for one pint
    from: Rio Grande=20
    7500 Bluewater NW