Mason & Hamlin scale design

Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:56:45 -0600

At 07:41 02/28/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>Mic the strings before you destring next time...
>
>David I.

Easy on him, Dave, he's just had a learning experience.

Oh, for the days of learning experiences instead of senior moments...

The rescaling idea isn't a bad one though.  I redid a 6'4" Chickering once,
dutifully measured the scale, and ran those numbers through a rescaling
program.  WOW! It was horrible!

I worked out a new scale.  Then, upon cleaning the plate, I uncovered the
factory numbers. Nowhere close to how I had found it strung.  Hmmmm.

Don't trust what you find with your micrometer to be what you need.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician -mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(319)-387-1204  //  Fax (319)-387-1076(Dept.office)

Education is the best defense against the media.