Mason & Hamlin scale design

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:09:37 -0500

>  >
>  > Does anyone have the scale for a 1936 Mason & Hamlin "B" grand?
>>

>  John Travis Guide to Restringing lists two scales.

I further suggest that you contact Mason & Hamlin. Paul Monachino is
the man to talk to (his NY phone # is 716-377-1904). I think that the
company ledgers, which will indicate what piano got what scale, etc.
are at Haverhill, and probably the data is now all computer
accessible. If Paul is unavailable, talk to Bruce Clark.

Patrick