Electric piano

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Thu, 04 Jan 2001 22:07:43 -0600

Hi Terry,

They have such short strings that they don't sound particularly well--they
are truely a compromise. The action is *very* heavy due to huge weights in
the damphers to prevent feed back from the amplifier(s). The tuning must
really be listend to over a PA system--as the coloration of the system
affects the tuning.

At 09:52 PM 01/04/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I did a Yamaha a while back from the 70s. What a hoot. It was nice. Just
>like a regular grand (full grand action) except no soundboard, and electric
>pickups where the bridge pins would be! Way cool. Super easy to tune. The
>guy did not have an amp. I wish I could have heard it. Does anyone know how
>these sound(ed)?
>
>Terry Farrell
>Piano Tuning & Service
>Tampa, Florida