Bluthner 1916 action

Ola Andersson pianola@online.no
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 23:14:33 +0100

Hi everybody

I regulated a Bluthner Grand today from 1916. It has a "one legged =
spider" sitting on each jack,=20
anybody knows wich one I'm talking about?

The only way to regulate the hammer hight and letoff was to remove the =
springs in the front.
Afterwards I put the springs back to regulate the dip.
I couldn't regulate the hammer height in the bass because the hammers =
would break in the pinblock=20
taking the action in and out if I raised them so they are still resting =
on the Hammer rest.

I can remember a discussion of an action like this. Can anybody remember =
a key word for the archives?

Any comments? Would I done it another way? It's still in the shop so I =
can change it.

Wondering

Ola Andersson