tgif

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 17:25:32 -0600

Weirdness #14, week from hell, noon appointment. An old $&$ M, purchased at
auction a year or so back, restrung, dampers, keytops,
hammers/shanks/flanges. He said he'd like to know what I thought of the
piano, and whether he ought to keep it or sell it, so I looked it over a
bit more closely than I usually would. Action wretched, no bearing through
the killer octave, no surprise, according to the sound. Might as well see
what the crown has to say for itself. Hey, there's a Dampp-Chaser system
under here. "Oh yea", he said, "I had that installed". "I'll flip it on and
see how it's doing {click} - nope, light didn't come on - doesn't need
water - it's doing fine {click}".

I don't care what anyone says, I'm NOT going back out there tomorrow.

Ron N