Bluthner 1916 action

Allan Sutton allan.sutton@sympatico.ca
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 00:00:30 -0500

C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

Very unusual piano...
I have figured that the hammer have to REST on its rest.

Allan Sutton
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ola Andersson=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, January 05, 2001 5:14 PM
  Subject: Bluthner 1916 action

  Hi everybody

  I regulated a Bluthner Grand today from 1916. It has a "one legged =
spider" sitting on each jack,=20
  anybody knows wich one I'm talking about?

  The only way to regulate the hammer hight and letoff was to remove the =
springs in the front.
  Afterwards I put the springs back to regulate the dip.
  I couldn't regulate the hammer height in the bass because the hammers =
would break in the pinblock=20
  taking the action in and out if I raised them so they are still =
resting on the Hammer rest.

  I can remember a discussion of an action like this. Can anybody =
remember a key word for the archives?

  Any comments? Would I done it another way? It's still in the shop so I =
can change it.

  Wondering

  Ola Andersson